Tektronix Communications & Newfield Wireless announce first deployment of integrated RAN solution
BERKELEY, Calif. – Nov. 20, 2014 – Newfield Wireless, a Tektronix Communications company and pioneer in next-generation Radio Access Network (RAN) geoanalytics, and Tektronix Communications, a leading Telecoms Intelligence Provider, today announced the combined company has completed its first successful deployment of an integrated radio access solution at a top-tier mobile network operator.
The deployed solution combines the valuable benefits of Newfield’s RAN geoanalytics platform, TrueCall, with Tektronix Communications’ virtual monitoring platform, GeoSoft RAN, to provide mobile operators with a powerful, scalable and user-friendly geoanalytics-based data solution. Mobile operators can now seamlessly integrate these advanced capabilities with Tektronix Communications’ core network products for a true end-to-end RAN and core network view enriched with location data.
The TrueCall and GeoSoft RAN integrated solution offers immediate benefits, including:
- Real time 24x7x365, all devices & network monitoring
- Geolocated subscriber data correlated with device data
- Unique big data analysis capabilities through powerful data drill-down and filtering that enable fast and accurate decision making to improve network performance
- Wide variety of performance views, per-network element, device, subscriber and combinations
- Network visibility for the management of network performance, small cell offload management, CAPEX spend and more
- Deep data insights for technology advancement and new-service deployments, such as SON and VoLTE, as well as other applications, such as targeted geomarketing and customer care
- Reduced OPEX by minimizing need for costly drive testing and truck rolls
“Through TrueCall and GeoSoft RAN combined data-analysis capabilities, we enable operators to address the complexity of the radio access network and beyond by providing unique information on vital network performance issues continuously and in real-time,” said Marc Bensadoun, CEO of Newfield Wireless and Vice President of Mobile Access for Tektronix Communications. “It combines the best-in-class solutions that can feed into many other systems, such as geomarketing, SON and others.”
Up to 70 percent of customer reported issues occur in the Radio Access Network caused primarily by always-on devices and increasing network complexity.
The integrated solution delivers on the promise to integrate TrueCall geoanalytics capabilities into Tektronix Communications’ end-to-end applications portfolio.
Newfield Wireless and Tektronix Communications are exhibiting at LTE North America 2014, booth no. 34, Nov. 19-20 at the Intercontinental Hotel in Dallas.